I don’t write because I think I’m interesting. I write because I like to read. I like to bring people together. I think that we are doing just that. Bringing women together to read and feel like they are connected to one another even if it’s on a screen.
I enjoyed a wonderful day off today after a weekend away. It was what I would consider a normal day off, spending time with a friend halfway exercising with our children, housework, and playing with the kids outside in our field in the afternoon. I started to reflect on the day and also some random thoughts I had during the day.
22 not so deep thoughts today (because it’s the 22nd)
- Oddly my stomach balance feels better when I eat brownies.
- Why don’t women put themselves on the list more often?
- How many times have I wiped boogers today?
- That is genius that the dentist won’t book appointments for 2 year olds after 2pm.
- Is that duck or chicken or goose or turkey poop on my shoe? It could totally be any of those feathered friends.
- Oh! I have a free hour during the day. Nap? Laundry? Both tempting. (I got rid of my gray roots instead.)
- If I could defy the laws of time like in the movie Interstellar… This lead to many other thoughts…
- When did I last shave my legs? These stems are like brambles!
- Why is my daughter angry at other children near her age and sweet to others roughly 6 months younger or 6 months older?
- Does my hen have arthritis?
- I can’t wait to plant garlic. And potatoes. And carrots. And radishes. I need more dirt.
- I thought I was out of wine but turns out there is 1/6th of the bottle left… Happy dance!
- I’m so thankful for my village of support; sisters, mothers, aunts, friends, oh and the males too; dads, uncles, brothers.
- This weekend trip away was the first time both children slept through the night on a trip EVER!
- I hope I’m making the right move by adding more hours of work onto my plate.
- I like having a full plate and revel in relaxation. I do my best to make sure that plate has a sliver of space on it for downtime and “garbage time” (the league reference not actual football reference).
- What can I do to support others? How can I teach this to my children?
- Is that boogers or cheese on her face? Wipe!
- Which show did I like better, Brothers and Sisters or Parenthood? (Jury is out… Both great for different reasons.)
- Is my sprained ankle healed yet?
- Why hasn’t my husband called from work yet? I hope he is safe!
- What will I do in the afternoon in a few years when my kids don’t want me to jump on the trampoline with them? Will I wait in the house alone? Will I watch them from the deck? An afternoon outside with my two really is how I would define a “perfect afternoon”. I am going to miss so many of these moments that are such a huge part of my life right now.
There you have it. Random thoughts. Funny where our mind wanders. What were some of your random thoughts today? Think back for a minute and reflect. You will be surprised I’ll bet. I was.